HERA Atlanta invites you and your colleagues to our annual program Emergency Response to Hurricane Sandy: Three Eyewitness Accounts on Friday, June 13, 2014 from 9:30 AM – 2:00 PM at the Atlanta University Center, Robert W. Woodruff Library. Attendance is free for all and lunch is provided.
Our three featured speakers will present their professional experiences on the frontline of heritage emergency response to Hurricane Sandy.
· April Cummings, Acting Regional Environmental Officer, FEMA Region IV
· David Goist, paintings conservator and member of AIC-CERT (American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works-Collections Emergency Response Team)
· Barry Hawkins, Business Development Specialist, Polygon
The panel presentations will be followed by a box lunch generously provided by Polygon. Afterwards, we will begin a Q & A and general discussion session, during which members of HERA Atlanta will give an update on recent activities including participation in GEMA’s Hurrex.
Please RSVP to Kim Norman (email@example.com) by June 6 to order lunch.
DIRECTIONS and PARKING
Atlanta University Center, Robert W. Woodruff Library
111 James P. Brawley Dr., SW
Atlanta, GA 30314
There is a lot behind the library; charge is $5.00. Pay station takes credit and debit cards only. Parking instructions:
1. Upon entering the RWWL Parking Lot at the Milton Street entrance, driver will proceed to an upper level numbered parking space.
2. Driver will note the numbered parking space and proceed to the Parking Pay Station and follow directions.
3. Once the parking ticket has been dispensed from the Parking Pay Station, the driver must return to their parked vehicle and place the parking ticket in the front windshield so that it is easily visible.
4. Parking Pay Station parking tickets can only be used for the noted space number.
From the parking lot, walk around to front entrance of the library. Security guard will direct to you to the correct room.